Monday, September 25, 2006

News from MN, 9/25/2006

Hello to the people of whom I know,

Fall is falling here. The leaves are starting to dress in their most
festive outfits and heading out to their various leaf parties.

I have a new house guest, a gift from Helen. His original purpose was
to live in what is left of the hole in the back yard, policing it so
squatters don't move in and start living in it. But he took a look at
my big screen TV and comfy chair and decided he would rather police my
living room (1st picture). This is unfortunate for the rabbit that I
scared out of some bushes when I was doing yard work last weekend. He
was so busy running from me that he didn't see the pit and he fell in.
After it's second treatment with 1000 cubic feet of water, the pit is
now only 4 feet deep, so the rabbit wasn't hurt. He bounced around the
bottom a few times before he got up enough momentum that he bounced out
and zoomed away.

I also have 2 part time house guests for the next 6 weeks. Some friends
are producing an all woman's version of 'As you Like It' and have hired
professional actors from around the state for weekend plays. So 2 of
them are staying in Nick and Zack's room on Fri/Sat nights. Helen and
I went to the opening night (4th photo), was well done, a modernized
version so none of those silly outfits.

The 2nd photo shows Zach with the motor he has been working on. This
motor and it's various parts have been sent to/from various parts of the
universe (latest trip was to California) to become the ultimate motor.
Currently it is the ultimate living room work of art ... least Zach
thinks so. It is pretty shinny.

The 3rd photo shows a handsome Z in a rented output, on his way to a
Discount Tire company weekend celebration up in Minneapolis. He didn't
go for the blue part, so I got to wear that.

The last photo caught Helen sampling some of my backyard apples. In
past years, I usually ignore all my fruit, but Helen would allow no such
crime. We have made some amazing pear, plumb, and apple preserves.
And many apple crisps, which have a shelf life of about 1.5 days before
it all disappears, with help from Zach and Jessy. But we couldn't talk
Zach into the sausage stuffed apples last night. He says sausage,
Yes!, Apples, Yes!! But sausage and apples??? His loss ... was nummy.

Mom and Dad, still debating Thanksgiving drive to Miles City or fly to
Bozeman. Will give you a call in a day or 2 to decide.

Bruce

No comments: