Monday, October 14, 2019

Cooking with plastic

We found and adopted a baby Stegosaurus:

We are trying to un-adopt and endless stream of Odorous House Ants:
Sometimes they go for the ant bait (Terro), but when they don’t, I concoct my own by adding Borax to various foods. Helen is not enchanted with my kitchen science experiments:
Helen inadvertently did a experiment of her own, testing the melting limit of a induction plate that we (unwisely) keep on top of our old school electric stove top:
Nothing that can’t be fixed with a little duct tape and a black Sharpy marker:
I made a doggy door so we can quickly quarantine mis-behaving doggies:
Found a spot to put in one last trail segment:
Our Canna Lillys are thriving in the new flower planter:
The Rochester House sale completed. The new owner, James, is having fun putting some modern touches on it:
We had a party for a new co-worker:
Kids had fun with in the bear loft:
I’m trying out one meal a day intermittent fasting. Helen is sad because she doesn’t get to cook as often, but happy when dinner time comes, often making me feasts like this one:
Will close with a final tally of all the plants & trees I found in our backyard this year … 117! Here is a list by flower and here a list by date found.
Closing with a couple of blue ones, a Lobelia and a Mistflower:

Bruce

No comments: