Wednesday, March 04, 2009

St Thomas, 2009

I pronounce myself as the Sun master.  On my 3rd trip to St Thomas, we had 10 days of fun in the sun and I didn’t get a single sun burn.   And, I did it without putting any lotion on it’s skin.   This is my master of the Sun pose:

DSCN2363

The secret?  It is a 3 part plan:

  •   Sunbath only on sharp pokey rocks (limits exposure time).  
  •   When swimming midday, use fully body armor (i.e. a shirt).   
  •   When Helen tries to coax you out from underneath the sun beach umbrella, defend yourself by slapping her on her sunburn to remind her of her foolish ways. 

I had a work project that wasn’t quite done, so I called in to the daily team meetings. 

DSCN2324

To not make my teammates feel too jealous, I told them it was raining, but I think they saw through my ruse after 5 straight days of rain. 

We actually had wonderful weather, with enough sun for 3 different wedding photo shoots.    And plenty of lizard sunbathing:

 DSCN2386

DSCN2361

We had great visits with Helens parents on the first weekend and Mom an Dad on the 2nd weekend. 

DSCN2314

DSCN2349

No fish photos this time.  I dropped my underwater camera in the deepest part of the bay on day 2, so it now swims with the turtles.  

I did get pretty sunset photos though.  This is Helen on her last evening swim:

 DSCN2422

DSCN2428

 

And this is us on our way out.  Based on his expression, I’m guessing our fellow passenger did not have as good a time as we did.

DSCN2432

No comments: