Sunday, May 03, 2015

Dead Cacti

 

Nobody stands a chance at guessing this mystery photo.   It was taken from an unusual perspective:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I made a video with some more details on the solar water tube project I wrote about a few months ago: 

   http://misterhouse.blogspot.com/2015/03/passive-solar-water-wall-battery.html

The maker of the tubes featured my some of my photos on their website

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Last week Helen was at a conference in DC, so I took a trip to Miles City.    I took doggy, but left catty, which meant we had to figure out a reliable way to feed him, without feeding the neighborhood raccoons and birds.    I made a video describing what I came up with:

  http://misterhouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/anti-raccoon-cat-feeder.html

It worked!   We came back to a live and happy cat.

I had a good visit with Mom, Scott, and Mike.     Google auto-posted some of the photos for me here:

https://plus.google.com/106916156663153973757/stories/6b489bf2-0f05-3d1e-8f22-165adb5de84f14d0eefa6d1

I joined Mom on here daily hikes with flash, here at spotted eagle:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And here on the Yellowstone,  Bantik like licking Grandma:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Here we are near Signal Butte:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Doggies like the car ride almost as much as the hike:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Especially when we drive by a cattle ranch … lots of good smells there!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Our friend Scott Elder gave us a tour of his ‘EarthShip’ house, made with ramed earth in old car tires:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

They have a beautiful view of the Yellowstone:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

There are some articles about his house here  and here.

In between hikes and visits we got lots accomplished.     Cleaning the garage was one of the challenges.  Scott and I filled up another couple truck and car loads to the dump and good will:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Mom is popular with the local animals.   Most of these cans are full of bird and squirrel food:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Lana, Scott and Darcy’s friend, painted the hallway (and indirectly, doggy’s tail).   I retired the old security alarm control box I had put next to my old room door about 45 years ago:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This weekend I continued my cleaning spree, this time back home in Utah.    Filled up the car for a trip to hazardous waste disposal:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I filled up part of the garage with a bunch of stuff on its way to a local charity:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

That mystery photo was a bit unfair.  The only people who might have guessed are those of you who overwatered a golden barrel cactus for several years and then gingerly lifted it up and took a picture from the rotted out inside, a place few cameras tread:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I’m not good with cacti.   mostly because I don’t like them (they bite).   So I retired a mostly dead bucket full of them, with some prejudice:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We’ve had some fun guests, here from a visiting neuroscientist, demoing the latest in EEG monitoring hardware/software:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is Helen’s Princeton classmate Esther Gokhale, who was in town presenting her healthy back therapy at  the national adult Ice Skating Championship.  Esther is known as the ‘back guru of Silcon Valley’ .

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Utah Epilepsy Association held a meeting at our house.   They are a very dedicated group:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We had our last snow storm a few weeks ago.  I went hunting for ice and water in our backyard with my macro lens:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A few more photos posted here:

  https://plus.google.com/106916156663153973757/stories/72a28431-b360-3c55-a3f7-e46ade1b6aa914cc9fce09d

Closing with a cute dog photo.   We discovered the best time to give doggy a bath … right when the laundry comes out of the dryer.  He loves the warm cloths when he is wet:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Bruce

No comments: