Sunday, March 26, 2006

FW: Hi from Rochester, 8/10/2003

Hi Ho,

A very quiet and peaceful week here. Nick and I have been hanging out
having wild parties, as we so often do. Usually involving Nick, myself, a
stack of chocolate chip pancakes, and a chessboard. I've been playing a
fair amount of chess with some really good players at work during lunch.
In theory, I should be getting better to the point where I beat Nick more
than he beats me, but somehow I'm still only wining 10% of our games.
Either I'm not getting better, or Nick is getting better also, simply by
playing me.

Work has been crazy the last few weeks and will be the next few months. A
couple of very high profile chips are way behind schedule, so we are having
multiple daily meetings reviewing schedules and current progress to see if
we can get things back on track. 2 hours of meetings every day not doing
real work trying to figure out how to not get behind on real work. Classic
Dilbert scenario ;)

Zack will be heading home sometime this week. Sounds like he is doing well.
A few days ago, he and the girls took the white car to Billings to get a
small part for the combine. Tracy made him promise he would not speed, so
when our GPS unit picked him up near Billings, I reported in to her that he
was indeed obeying the speed limit.

I came home on Friday and found Nick holding an empty back of white bread.
He said it was time for grocery shopping, as he had been eating nothing but
white bread that day (1/2 a loaf!). So we saddled up our horses and made
the long trek to the grocery store (.5 mile). Nick took his cart to the
grocery aisle while I went to get some Ethernet cable (this is one of those
fancy grocery stores). When I found him, his cart was full, so he
commandeered my cart and filled that up too! He made be proud and bought
some healthy stuff. Might have been a few less healthy items in there also.
Ended up with $300+ of groceries. Good thing he only shops once a summer.
Our record, when Nick and Zack ganged up on me last year (I couldn't watch
both of them at the same time), was $500.02. Hopefully that record will
stand.

Love Bruce

No comments: