Sunday, March 26, 2006

FW: News from MN, 7/11/2004

Hi all,

Still very wet here. Have not had that hot sticky weather yet ... not
complaining! Saving it for when the Pages come visit.

Laurie's parents have pictures of their various grandchildren on their photo
wall. The pictures of Nick and Zack, who are the oldest of the bunch, are
now younger than most of their other grandchildren, so they put in a request
for updates. Laurie got the boys over to the Walmart photo studio a few
weeks ago. You can see previews here:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventframe?event=Y500161X&start
=15

Password is 6429

Nick and Laurie had a nice trip out to Montana last week. Laurie went for
her Cousin Tim's wedding, Nick went for the adventure. So I was Nick-a-less
for a week, a preview of life starting this fall.

I kept myself busy not doing plumbing projects. Instead I did a funner
project, interfacing my new toy robot to MisterHouse. I now have him wired
in so the house can speak through him. He waves his arms and body around
while he is speaking. In theory his feet don't move in this mode, since I
have him sitting on top of a bookshelf. But I had a bug in the code and he
crashed off, fortunately on the couch side, so no harm done. I've tethered
his feet now :)

Zack went camping with Jessie and her brothers this weekend. They used the
van and van tent. I love it when Zack asks to use the van, as he usually
hates to drive it (vans aren't that sexy). I made a deal with Zack ... he
cleans out the garage and I baby sit Jessie's dog for the weekend. Our
garage is squeaky clean (for at least a few days), and the dog and I weeded
our yard this weekend.

At one point, Mia (the dog) got 100 feet from our house and picked up the
trail to Jessie's apartment, about 4 blocks from here. She bolted, with me
screaming after her. After about 2 blocks I managed to catch up with here
and she paused when I yelled something about a
super-duper-extra-fancy-nummy-dog-treat. I got about 2 feet from here when
her super smart dog sense sensed that the treat was really a leaf, then the
chase was on again. She didn't slow down till she got to Jessie's house.
I carried her home ... then introduced her to a leash :)

Bruce

No comments: