Sunday, March 26, 2006

FW: Hi from Rochester, 8/24/2003

Hi Ho,

Been hot, dry, and humid here the last few weeks. Dry AND Humid you say?
Dry plants, humid air. It can happen. I guess I shouldn't have planted
that grass seed a few weeks ago. Patching up where we had our dead front
tree mowed down earlier this year. I'm keeping it alive, usually by
watering it and my work close on my way to work.

Work continues to be nasty busy. Last Saturday someone brought pizza into
work and I saw more people emerge from the wordworks than I see on a normal
workday! We still meet with our 4th line manager daily giving him progress
reports. The last few weekends I was able to talk our computer support guys
not to reboot the 1000+ servers we have on site. They always reboot once a
week, on weekends, but given the importance of our projects, I had a big
enough excuse to talk them out of it so our work would not be delayed. I
also got permision to commendeer several of IBM's biggest baddest computers
scattered across the coperate network (each have 16 processors, with 100 GB
of memory). Other than the pressure, it is kind of fun to be in a
position to get pretty much anything you ask for :)

Zack made it home ok. Had a week of fun then started school on Wednesday.
Nick starts in a week. Nick is going have to transform from a noon
waker-uper to a 6 am waker upper.

I've spent much of the last few weekends (when not at work) cleanout out the
study. Much dust and old computer manual have met our garbage cans. Also
re-arranged the living room and our bedroom over the last month, so the
place has take on a bit of a new look. Finally got 4 new chairs for the
living room to replace our folding chairs. I almost got those chairs we
looked at when Mom and Dad were here, but at the last second rememered a key
chair test (no, not the lean back ablity, that was the first test).
Shirtless comfort. Very important with us 1/2 naked boys sitting around.
With their metal backs, they failed misbadly. So I found a black metal
chair, this one with a cloth back. Looks nice, I think.

Mom, glad you got that sugery out of the way. Hope you bounce back quickly.

Love, Bruce

No comments: